The fashion battle between leggings vs jeans is not over. Both sides have strong points to compete with. And when it comes to deciding between the two. The choice is entirely up to you.
Are you ready to understand what it takes to wear leggings vs jeans?
JEANS: THE VERSATILE ONE
We love jeans because you can find them in so many styles. Made of denim, they change how you wear bottoms. And they’re comfy for all sizes. You will find them in flared, skinny, straight, capris, and hot pant styles.
Newer brands have offered stretchable jeans that look like leggings. But they’re made of denim material with a body-conforming design. They’re not as soft and light as leggings. But they’re the closest pair of bottoms to it.
Denim is a thick fabric so it works for winter. It warms the body while giving your lower body it a curvier shape.
Photo credit: fashion-agony.com
How To Choose Jeans?
No matter how infatuated you are with dresses. Jeans are a staple in every wardrobe. And to derive maximum satisfaction from them. You must know how to wear them. Because misunderstanding their fit is probably why you want out. Am I right?
Don’t be discouraged by the “rise” of a pair of jeans. Simply said, that’s the distance between the waistband and crotch. If you’re complaining of a tight fit, your “rise” is what you need to be looking at. Especially since there are 3 common types of them.
Low rise jeans sit below your belly button. The ideal distance for low rise jeans is up to 2 inches.
Mid-rise jeans a little higher than low rise jeans. But they still hover below the belly button.
Lastly, high rise jeans sit perfectly as the waistline. That is either above or at the belly button.
LEGGINGS: THE HAPPY ONE
Why do women love leggings so much? The reason why most people agree with leggings is because it’s comfortable. They are flexible enough to do a split in! Whether or not you can do it. But that’s a good measure of how stretchy they are.
Leggings may lack styles but they’re available in plenty of prints and colors. And you don’t have to fight the smallest size to them in. Leggings don’t discriminate between sizes. They adapt to your body and not the other way around.
The elastic band does not ride down when you are seated. And you won’t feel like it’s punching your stomach if it’s high-waist leggings.
Leggings are a huge part in a fashion trend called “athleisure wear.” Where women are ditching the denim jeans to wear elastic knit leggings.
How To Choose Leggings?
Leggings are known for how body-fitting they are. They fit like jeans do but without the baggy appearance. Leggings are seamless, lightweight, and soft. You can fashion the trendiest looks, be it casual, sporty, or fancy, with leggings.
And the only factor you need to weigh in is the fit. And a material that doesn’t chafe, shrink or rip after a few washes. You will find polyester, elastic, cotton-blend, and spandex leggings.
Some are good for smoothening cellulite and shaping the butt and thighs. Some are good for promoting airflow to reduce sweating and hot flashes. While some are great for stretching and moving around in for a long time.
LEGGINGS VS JEANS
Photo credit: mitersawhub.com
Both leggings and jeans are a part of the fashion evolution. You wear what’s most comfortable but what’s also important is style. While jeans today are the go-to choice for crop tops. Leggings are becoming more and more popular with shirts and tunics.
Below, I’ve listed a bunch of tips for wearing leggings vs jeans. And how you can tweak it to suit your personal style. So you’ll never ruin your day deciding between the two.
5 Tips To Wear Jeans
- Tucked-in tops look great with jeans. Be it a casual or formal day out, this pair never goes out of style.
- You can’t go wrong with crop tops. If you’re looking to add some edge to your whole outfit, that is.
- Denim-on-denim is more than a trend. It’s the ultimate drop from baggy shirts that charm and style of your jeans.
- A knitted-jumper or a leather jacket? These oversized delights only look good in a pair of denim jeans.
- Striking prints go well with high-rise jeans. Seriously; you’re about to put some classic into the modern. The results will be inspired and eye-catching, at the same time.
MY CHOICE: Democracy Women’s Ab Solution Jegging
5 Tips To Wear Leggings
- Wear the right top with printed leggings. Your printed leggings won’t complement every style. So it’s best to stick to the basics.
- Add layers to your top. This means wearing a sleeveless top, for example, with a classic long jacket.
- Long tops go a long way. Unlike jeans, the crotch lining on leggings are thin. So you want to your cover your derriere, from both front and back.
- Shirts and leggings are the classic combination. While it makes a stylish outfit for spring. Shirts, both long and short, are a huge hit with sporty leggings.
- Don’t be afraid to wear an oversized cardigan. The best remedy for the fall is a pair of boots with an oversized cardigan and leggings. It’s comfortable, in-style, and stylish.
WHAT’S THE VERDICT?
To truly answer the question between leggings vs jeans. You need to know how to wear both. And this article does that for you. You can make a pair of denims look really, really good. And the same applies to wearing leggings.
However, with great style comes big responsibility. And you need to put comfort first if you want to win the race. Wearing jeans? Stick to comfort casuals especially if you’re out and about all day. With leggings, this means to wear materials that don’t sag or wrinkle.
You can enhance your look with comfortable shoes, too. Don’t be walking in those high heels when you know you have a long day ahead of you. The battle between leggings vs jeans is really about choosing comfort.
All you have to do is pick the right occasion to look and feel your best. Isn’t that what fashion trends are all about, anyway?
Related Tips and Tricks from TheWiseMum Lists: