Yes, you can reheat the crab legs with the help of some easy and simple methods. Crab legs are a famous seafood dish that people love to eat in the summers.
You can prepare it with some refreshing herbs at your home. It is quite light to consume, juicy and appetizing too. So, who would like to throw it away if left out?
Well! Nobody wants that. In the below article, we will tell you how to reheat crab legs with different methods. So, you can pick the one that suits your needs and preferences and begin the reheat.
5 METHODS TO REHEAT THE CRAB LEGS
The following are the different methods that you can use for reheating the crab legs:
1. How To Reheat Crab Legs By Steaming
While reheating the crab legs by steaming, we are using the steamer pot in the below methods. However you can utilize the bamboo steamer too. The below are the steps that you need to follow for reheating the crab legs by steaming:
- Fill the lukewarm water in the steamer for reheating the crab legs. You may also mix the white wine or beer to the water for adding the specific additional flavor.
- Next step is to switch ON the cooktop and fix it on the high heat and place the steamer over the top. You should wash the crab legs below the tap for the correct reheating of the crab legs. As soon as the water grasps its highpoint, take out the top and put the crab legs inside the basket over the top.
- Now, decrease the heat to the medium level for about 5 minutes. Once the crab legs get heated, take out them for serving. You can make some recipe with it or add it in some other recipes for enhancing the flavor.
- Steaming is one of the useful and rapid methods for reheating the crab legs. It makes them softer, tasteful and tender to consume. You can feel that the crab legs are little juicier in comparison to the earlier time. Try to use them with the recipe that needs delicious foods in it.
2. How To Reheat Crab Legs By Boiling
You can reheat the crab legs by boiling in the big size pot if you don’t have the steamer. The below are the steps that you need to follow for reheating the crab legs by boiling:
- Put the water or the mixture of water or beer inside the pot that will give it a delicious flavor. While preparing the mixture you have to use the ratio of 2:4 in which the water must be on the higher side.
- Place the cooktop over the medium heat; place the pot with the crab legs over it. Once the water begins to boil, leave it for around 5 minutes. You may add the lemon or vinegar in the water for seasoning.
- Once the process of boiling completed, take out the crab legs with the help of tongs. Because the legs were dripping inside the water, so you have to drain it first.
- After the draining, you may serve it with parsley, lemon wedges, or butter. Do not do the boiling of the legs too much as they cooked already. The over-boiling might make meat tasteless and broken apart.
If you ask us about our experience with this method, then it’s good to use any other way as boiling is not necessary for reheating the crab legs. But still, if you don’t have any other choice then, use the method of boiling.
3. How To Reheat Crab Legs By Baking
The oven’s heat might reheat any food, including the crab legs. This method makes the crab legs soft, dry, as well as hot to consume. The baking in the oven is a quite slower process in comparison to any other methods.
But if you have an oven at your home and you don’t wish to make use of the water then, using the oven is a good idea always. The below are the steps that you need to follow for reheating the crab legs by baking:
- Heat your oven at the temperature of 350 degrees F. During the meantime; you can put the crab legs inside the baking dish of any type. Place the aluminum foil over the baking dish’s bottom. You can use the herbs or the peeled cloves of garlic in the recipe if you desire to get some extra flavor.
- Do the baking of the crab legs inside the oven for about 14 minutes. Subsequently, remove the dish carefully, take out the crab legs and let them cool down for some time.
- You can also do the above step with the water. In place of aluminum foil, you can fill some water at the bottom and then put the crab legs inside the baking dish and shield it with aluminum foil. Stab a couple of holes inside the aluminum foil for the formation of steam from the water to soften the crab legs as well.
4. How To Reheat Crab Legs By Microwaving
Using the microwave for reheating the food is always a good, fastest and a simple way. The below are the steps that you need to follow for reheating the crab legs by microwaving:
- You need to use the cling film, paper towels and dill sprigs for doing the reheat of the crab legs correctly in a microwave. You have to do the wrapping of around three crab legs with the help of few dill sprigs.
- Now prepare the bundles of the crab legs as many as you can. Shield every single bundle with the help of paper towels and the cling film later on. It is quite safe to cover the crab legs with cling while reheating in the microwave if the cling film does not come in direct contact with the food.
- Put every bundle’s plate inside the microwave for 3 minutes. After this, take out the paper towels and cling film. You can serve it with the lemon wedges or the clarified butter and also add them in some other recipe. The process of microwave might not provide you a delicious flavor of the food, but still, it’s an easy method to follow.
5. How To Reheat Crab Legs By Grilling
Reheating the crab legs with the grilling might change the flavor of the food slightly. But still, it’s a useful method. During the process of grilling, we will use the below two methods for reheating the crab legs:
- First, we will talk about the first method in which we will utilize the aluminum foil. You have to do the wrapping of 4 crab legs inside the two aluminum foil’s sheets and put them over the grill. You should heat it for only 10 minutes and then take off the aluminum foil and then do the grilling for an additional 4 minutes over every single side. Now, you can serve them to your family.
- In the second method, we will not use the aluminum foil and place the crab legs straight over the grill. Keep in mind that you have to retain the crab leg’s thinner tips away from the straight heat. After doing the grilling for around 6 minutes, you can serve the dish to your family.
The crab legs after grilling go perfectly well with the hot sauce, homemade marinade, grill sauce or the lemon.
3 TIPS FOR PICKING THE CRAB LEGS
Before ending the article on how to reheat crab legs, there are few valuable tips that we want to share. Below are some useful points that you should keep in mind while buying the crab legs from the market:
- Always select the thick crab legs because they are more tasty and meaty. Do not pick the crab legs that frozen for a long time.
- Try to pick the big size crab legs that come from the region of northern Pacific. They have a tasty and sweet flavor. But they are costly to buy also so make the decision wisely.
- Keep in mind your pan’s size while buying the crab legs from the market as the legs should easily get fit inside the pan for even and correct cooking.
HOW TO REHEAT CRAB LEGS: CONCLUSION
The above methods of reheating crab legs are quite effective to use. You can pick the one which suits your requirements.
Don’t forget that while using any of the above methods you should store the crab legs correctly. Moreover, while cooking the crab legs for the first time, retain the drippings in the fridge till the time you want to reuse or reheat them.
We are sure that once you serve the reheat crab legs to your family, they will surely going to love it. You can also share any other new method of reheating the crab legs that we have not mentioned in the above article in the below comment box. We would also love to hear your thoughts on the above info.