You are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the newest member of the family. Not only is it important but also exciting to prepare everything for the birth. What’s the best way to get ready for a newborn?
Remember that you are likely going to receive tons of gifts, mostly clothes; people can’t resist buying clothes for babies. The closet will be exploding with adorable outfits! However, you still might have your own newborn clothing ideas or might want to start getting clothes for when the baby is older.
What To Choose?
The first thing to take into account besides personal taste is to choose clothes that are practical and comfortable. Comfort should be the main concern. Also, babies are messy. They spit up, poop, and can get several outfits dirty in a single day!
Thus, it’s important to choose items that are comfortable and high quality to withstand a lot of washing. Babies also grow quickly, and so the clothing you choose for them should also be practical.
There are many diverse baby clothes collections out there that offer this blend of quality, comfort and practicality, like Turtledove London.
Best Tips for Choosing Baby Clothes
What to look for specifically? Here are a few suggestions that will help you to make the best choice for your baby:
- Look for natural and soft materials, like cotton and linen. Avoid synthetic fabrics such as nylon as they are not breathable and could cause rashes.
- Clothes need to be loose enough that the baby can move easily.
- Babies move, crawl and roll. Keep your baby safe by avoiding pieces with ribbons, lace, and bows.
- Select clothes with a front opening zipper. This will make it easier when it comes to dressing baby. Also, onesies with bottom openings will enable you to clean and change diaperswithout difficulties.
- Select pieces you can combine and can layer, especially in the winter season.
Some baby clothes collections such as Turtledove London have options that meet all these characteristics and are perfect for mixing and matching. Remember after acquiring the pieces to wash them separately from your clothes. Use special detergent for baby clothes and plenty of water. Do not add softeners and bleach. They can affect baby’s sensitive skin.
Buying on a Budget
While babies need comfortable, quality clothes, they also grow very quickly, and that means that your budget has to stretch further than normal. Here are a few tips for purchasing baby clothes on a budget:
- Don’t buy too many newborn clothes. Newborn is the stage that babies grow out of the quickest. Also, if you are having a baby shower, this is one size of clothing that you may be gifted a lot of.
- Do buy clothes a few sizes bigger. Even if the clothes are just slightly big, they will fit for a longer period of time and will save you money.
- Check for sales, promotions, and clearances where you can get multiple items at lower prices.
- Optimize your purchasing on the internet! It’s a great place to find deals without having to hunt around nearby stores.
Read more Tips, Tricks, and Reviews on TheWiseMum.com